Thank you Brolifen

Patreon Member Brolifen noticed something that I missed.  It is a remarkable connection (see his original message below)   

The "Fudge Factor" that I generated in the Lepton Magnetic Moment Video correlates to the Fine Structure Constant (FSC).  

The Fudge Factor is equal to 1/(2*FSC).

I developed the Fudge Factor by dividing measured result by the results obtained from the calculations.  

The curious problem is to explain why the measured magnetic moments are 68 times larger than expected.  Because it is not possible to measure the magnetic moment without altering the magnetic moment, I suspect that a good portion of the mismatch is a measurement error.

Because of this connection, it pays to understand how they came up with the fine structure constant and see if that is meanigful to us.

Thank you all.

From Brolifen:

Going back to this video and on this timestamp: https://youtu.be/Pvf7GdEvzaE?t=1233 I noticed something very interesting about your so called fudge factor. It is highly correlated to the "fine structure constant" in physics! Which is currently measured at 1/137.035999046 whereas the value you present is exactly half of its denominator.

I don't know how you came up with this fudge factor but I believe that's quite a big coincidence that may lead to some big insights. As this constant in physics is so fundamental that it has no units and some call it the most important constant of nature.

Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/thank-you-69467138

Comments

• iQuestiQuest Posts: 7
    @Distinti @brolifen @ThePythonicCow and others:
    Reviewing something from a different perspective can spark insights.  Attached are two papers that relate to the topic of this thread.  The authors apply electrical engineering knowledge with very interesting results.  Interested in what you think, here are some excerpts from the two papers which summarize content:
     THE CONTROL OF THE NATURAL FORCES  Frank Znidarsic PE, Revised 1/2012
    "This paper will produce the energy of the photon, the energy levels of the hydrogen atom, and the probability of transition as effects of the transitional velocity."
    "Richard Feynman stated, “Physicists put this number up on their wall and worry about it.”   This author has classically produced the fine structure constant as the ratio of twice the transitional speed to the speed of light."
    "This author has produced Planck’s constant and the deBroglie wave from a fundamental classical argument.  This emergence has provided a classical foundation for the Schrödinger wave equation."
    Quantized Capacitance and Energy of the Atom and Photon  Lane M Davis, January 7th, 2015
    "By modeling both the atom and the photon as capacitors, the correct energy levels are easily produced via extrapolation from Maxwell’s, Gauss’, Coulomb’s and Ohm’s laws – without the need to inject Planck’s constant into the equation ad-hoc."
    "Analysis of these equations lends credence to Planck’s fervent and controversial personal dogma that the constant which he himself had discovered is nothing but “a mathematical trick”.  Further analysis shows that this model reconciles the wave-particle duality; wherein the wave properties of light and matter produce the particle-like aspects as a result of the laws of electrical engineering in conjunction with the uncertainty principle and Schrödinger’s wave equations."
    SebastianG