Subscription issue

ArmanArman Posts: 13
edited March 2023 in Newcomers Introduction
Hi there, Today I have subscribed to first class passenger, and does not succeed to do email verification, it seesm the patreon sends to incorrect email, and there is no way to fix it. Please help. @SebastianG
Best Regards
Arman 

Comments

• ArmanArman Posts: 13
    edited March 2023
    The verificatiin email should be armangevorkyan@hotmail.com, however the system sends to armangevorkyan@gotmail.com. 
    How to fix issue ? Please help. @SebastianG
  • SebastianGSebastianG Posts: 184
    @Arman I'm sorry that you have problems with your Patreon Subscription. I only can manage this forum. 

@Distinti Can you please help Arman?
    @Arman What is your current Patreon Level?
    @SebastianG
    Thank you for reply. 
    My level is first class passenger.
  • If Patreon works like many such login/password websites, and I'd guess it does, then whatever email address it has on its records for the account you thought was yours, and the associated password, are the key to accessing that account.  You can only change either the email or password when already logged in using the currently recorded <email, password> pair.

So if you don't have access to that <email, password> pair,  then you (I'm still guessing here) would have to start over with a new account, that does have an <email, password> pair you do control and know.

If that's how Patreon works, then they would risk security violations of existing accounts to change that email in their database themselves in some backdoor way.  Patreon is simply are not setup to positively, absolutely, insure that any given person contacting them by other means is the same person as who controls the account of a particular <email, password> pair.
    SebastianG
    If Patreon works like many such login/password websites, and I'd guess it does, then whatever email address it has on its records for the account you thought was yours, and the associated password, are the key to accessing that account.  You can only change either the email or password when already logged in using the currently recorded <email, password> pair.

So if you don't have access to that <email, password> pair,  then you (I'm still guessing here) would have to start over with a new account, that does have an <email, password> pair you do control and know.

If that's how Patreon works, then they would risk security violations of existing accounts to change that email in their database themselves in some backdoor way.  Patreon is simply are not setup to positively, absolutely, insure that any given person contacting them by other means is the same person as who controls the account of a particular <email, password> pair.
    Hi ,
    I have paied with paypal for subscription, and patreon sent verufication email to not existing email. It is patreon system bug, instead of sending it to my "hotmail" email, it sends to "gotmail". I am trying to change the email address, however it requires from me pasword which I do not have yet. 
    @Arman
    Could you try to contact Patreon support for assistance? You can reach them by filling out the contact form here: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Provide them with the following information:

@Arman
    Could you try to contact Patreon support for assistance? You can reach them by filling out the contact form here: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Provide them with the following information:

Hi, 
    I have allready contacted them, and response is that they busy and will be delay in response about 1 week (:

edited March 2023
    I understand that you're still waiting for assistance from Patreon support to resolve your subscription issue. In the meantime, I wanted to make your experience on our forum as enjoyable as possible.

I've gone ahead and promoted you to the rank of First Class Passenger. This will grant you access to read and post in the Patreon Section of the forum, where you'll be able to view all the exclusive videos and updates that you would find on the Patreon site.

I hope this makes your weekend more enjoyable, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance. We're here to help!

Have a fantastic weekend!

@SebastianG,
    Thank you!