Transmission Line ROA According to Wired and Wound

According to Wired and Wound

The Rule of Acquisition #1 for transmission lines is: Fields propagate, not particles.

The Rule of Acquisition #2 for transmission lines is: The closer one part of a transmission line is from another, the more capacitance you get.

The Rule of Acquisition #3 for Transmission lines is: The dielectric field lays within the dielectric medium that surrounds the conductor, and is proportional to the counter-space that exists within the conductor. - i.e. the cross sectional area of the conductor will have an effect on the propagating fields that surround the conductor.

The Rule of Acquisition #4 for Transmission lines is: The efficiency of energy that is used to build a field is proportional to time, and the quality of the medium. The higher the efficiency of the Tx-line, the more power that can be induced into the fields. The lower efficiency of the Tx-line, allows higher kinetic energies, and is lost as heat.
I consider all of my comments about science and physics to be theoretical and open for debate. My posts are not the views of Ethereal Mechanics, and are not meant to prove or disprove anyone else's theories. Anyone is welcome to correct or dispute them.

Comments

• SebastianGSebastianG Posts: 184
    edited April 2020
    I have a question about #1:
    The Rule of Acquisition #1 for transmission lines is: Fields propagate, not particles.

This is only correct for alternating current (AC) transmission lines, right?

What about direct current (DC) transmission lines, which are sometimes used for offshore wind energy turbines?
  • Wired and WoundWired and Wound Posts: 22
    edited April 2020
    Very good question. The answer to it is that there really isn't such a thing as true DC current. Imagine that the power still has to be rectified from AC to become DC, and when viewed from the initial low-pass filter of the rectifier, as the current is increased, the ripple increases also at the low-pass filter. Even when viewed from an unloaded condition, the effects of the ripple are still present

When viewed from a battery, the battery charge depletes over time, and then is recharged. This is the same thing as AC but at an extremely low frequency. Also remember that the fields around the conductors in a DC current are still being created, but the field is propagating into the load only at the rate/frequency that the load requires it. And this load demand can be observed watching the ripple occur at the low-pass filter at the rectifier.
    I consider all of my comments about science and physics to be theoretical and open for debate. My posts are not the views of Ethereal Mechanics, and are not meant to prove or disprove anyone else's theories. Anyone is welcome to correct or dispute them.