Greetings

ThePythonicCowThePythonicCow Posts: 11
edited April 2020 in Newcomers Introduction
Hello,

I am Paul Jackson, aka ThePythonicCow ("Python" for a cool programming language, though I speak C and Shell better, and "Cow" in honor of my Dad's cows that kept the barn warm on cold winter nights.)

I'm a retired Linux and Unix kernel and utilities hacker, living in North Texas now. For the last three years, I have been, and continue to be, one of the two administrators for Bill Ryan's ProjectAvalon.net website.

I have a B.A. in Math from Reed College (Portland, Oregon) and an M.S. in Computer Science from Georgia Tech (Atlanta, Georgia) ... both a long time ago now :smiley:

I've been enjoying listening to Robert Distinti's videos, and earlier spent a fair bf time looking into Paul LaViolette's subquantum kinetics as well. Occasionally I have had a dream of writing a computer simulator for such as ethereal mechanics, though that dream has not yet been realized.

Comments

• SebastianGSebastianG Posts: 184
    edited April 2020
    I have only a little experience in programming python, sometimes I need it to program additional functions in Abaqus.

We can start programming a simulation software for ethereal mechanics. I'm sure we can find more people here, who are also interested in developing and testing :)
  • ThePythonicCowThePythonicCow Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    We can start programming a simulation software for ethereal mechanics.
    All I know about ethereal mechanics is what Robert Distinti has told us in the videos so far, which so far as I am aware, has not gotten to the "good stuff" yet. Apparently he's working on a paper presenting some mathematics that he needs for the "good stuff."

Once I see the math, and the theory built on it, then I might have a better idea how to simulate it. Most likely, if I were coding any such thing, I'd be coding it (at least the guts of it) in C, which is the language I am most fluent in, and the one with which I can obtain the best performance.
  • SebastianGSebastianG Posts: 184
    edited April 2020
    You're right, I'm also waiting for Robert's new math construct to be released!

Have you seen this video?
    emV041: The Pretonic Gateway

http://youtu.be/9OQNjmbrZ7I

It is nice to see the coupling between the pretons and the field. I can imagine that we will have to simulate something similar.
  • ThePythonicCowThePythonicCow Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I had seen emV041: The Pretonic Gateway ... it's a nice appetizer :smiley: