c - the speed of light

RadekCernyRadekCerny Posts: 14
Not that I lay awake at night pondering it, but in spurious moments of deep reflection I do wonder what physical constraints are responsible for this 'constant'. I don't recall Robert quite getting that far in his lectures yet. He theorises that the 2 pretons constituting an electron orbit at c, but other than that its still just a constant. Is it caused by the ether... if the ether were slightly more diffuse at some point would it travel faster/slower? Robert has stated that FTL travel may be possible - I suppose he may lay awake pondering this... Does anyone have ideas about what governs 'c'?

Comments

• SebastianGSebastianG Posts: 184
    edited April 2020
    As I recall the pretons orbit at nearly the speed c when the atom is standing in one place.
    If the atom has a very high velocity the orbit velocity has to be reduced so the atom velocity + orbit velocity is not bigger than c.

Maybe the ether consumption can't work if the preton is moving faster than c?
  • Wired and WoundWired and Wound Posts: 22
    edited April 2020
    What I did many years ago to stop pondering "why the speed of light", I finally realized that it is not a speed at all. I could go much deeper into my own primer, but I wouldn't threaten anybody with it unless they asked me to. But what works for me is to just consider it a proportion of being.
    I consider all of my comments about science and physics to be theoretical and open for debate. My posts are not the views of Ethereal Mechanics, and are not meant to prove or disprove anyone else's theories. Anyone is welcome to correct or dispute them.