Status 2022_Feb_6: Water back online, Stepper driver updates

New Water tank installed, made room for Steel storage shelf unit (did not put the particle board shelves until sure no leaks), rerouted pipes out of the way, 

During bouts of frustration with the above project, I worked on the stepper motor updates for controlled acceleration.  This was much more relaxing than working parts inventory.

For the experiments next weekend, we need to accelerate the armatures in a known and controlled way in order to imbalance (it is hoped) the forces that give us a null for the PDX experiments.  If this works (and I think this explains the ripple that we see), this will be a knock down development.

Presently we are using an Arduino UNO to control the stepper motor that drives the experiment.  In order to pull this controlled acceleration off, the UNO is interrupted on each step of the stepper motor to recompute the delay to the next step.  If we reduce the time between steps the motor speeds up and visa versa.  The max speed will be limited to how fast the UNO can make the computations.  It Think it can handle it.  If it is not fast enough, then we just precompute the delays in advance and store them in a table and the UNO can "look the up" each step of the way.

The above is complete for uniform acceleration.  but it has not been tested yet.  I will do it during evenings at the hotel so that it will be ready for the 12th.

We will be ready for experimental results for accelerating armatures next weekend (12 feb).  If results are successful, then we are done with this experimental phase and can now complete the missing parts of electro gravity paper and get it to release.

The following weekend (19 Feb) hope to have time to welcome some of the new patrons and catch up with folks.

Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/status-2022-feb-62213203

Tagged: