The Fountain Head, the book that saved Ethereal Mechanics

In the video is an except from Howard Roark's Trail Defense argument. 

Back in the summer of 2007, after finishing my Master's degree, I was recovering from my thesis defense (The Physicists were nasty, but could not make a rational argument, the Engineers were either indifferent or unwilling to get involved) .   I was in self reflection, questioning weather I should spend any more time on this.  New Electromagnetism was about 10 years old and Ethereal Mechanics was just a few equations in the paper ng.pdf.  Furthermore, I have not been able to get anything but vitriolic response to this work except for the few followers (whom many are Patrons today -- I thank you all).    

That summer, I was in an "I'm tired of thinking" state, I spent a lot of time watching T.V.    It was an episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit on the topic of Censorship that I saw them throw a book by Ayn Rand into a garbage can (along with other books that people want to censor).  They were doing this in protest of censorship.  That made me curious about Ayn Rand.  So I looked up her works where Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead were the two at the top of the list. 

I read The Fountainhead first (because it was the smaller of the two).  It blew me away, it changed how thought about what I'm doing this for.   I'm doing this for me, because I want to see the underlying beauty and secrets of nature free of the politics and collective thinking (Group think) of the scientific community.  I do not need the world to agree with me,  
nor do I have to "temper" my logic and claims so as not to offend the collective.  For example, even mentioning Ether, or Aether,  as a potential construct for a natural model will get you an automatic dismissal and label as a crackpot.  But its OK to call the stuff the fills empty space something else like "Fabric of space time" or "Zero point flux" or "Dark matter" which are all still just abstractions (at best).  I refuse to live like that.  If it acts like a duck, then lets call it a duck until we find evidence that it is not a duck.

An interesting parallel is that I was under the threat of being rejected from receiving my master's degree because my thesis proposed a new model of induction.  And the Dean of the School of Engineering ( A Physicist) had the authority to disprove anyone's degree for any reason, and he claimed he would do it.  He claimed that I had to be wrong because Maxwell's Equations were irrefutable.  Luckily,  cooler heads prevailed ( I would have sued the university -- that probably would have given NE great visibility).  

In the book, Howard Roark was dismissed from his university because he did not agree on how building should be constructed or how they should look.   He was told that people expect banks to look like impregnable structures with solid stone facias and columns.  He claimed that those were just facades and not structural, not only is it fake, but a waste of money.  He would submit to collective thinking.

It took many years for Howard Roark's  unconventional approach to gain acceptance and for him to achieve success.  He was able to do it in spite of the architectural magazines that lambasted him.

I know the Fountainhead is fiction; however, it is based on a true accounting of  human nature and human history as reflected in the opening statements in the audio clip.   Ultimately, we only need to follow the truth as best as discerned with our limited instruments and retarded monkey brains that usually get stuff backwards before we get it right.  We can only overcome our limitations if we are aware of them.  When the dean of the school of engineering told me that I could not possible be correct because Maxwell's Equations were irrefutable,   I knew that the rest of my life, I would be battling idiots like this.   

That's why, after winning the battle, I had a summer of doubt; for which, both the Fountain Head and Atlas Shrugged changed the way I view life.   No longer do I care what others think, I spend my free time and spare income searching for the secrets of the universe because it makes me happy and I enjoy it very much.  I live and work for my own pleasure, if it helps and pleases others that's a win-win scenario.  Any help I get from other is very welcome.

In late 2007 I went ahead full steam, but I could not make much progress, it was frustrating.  Then in 2011, I was diagnosed with cancer, so I started the YouTube channel just to put what I have on record  for others to continue.  Then the MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED.   The  act of transcribing my work to the youtube videos, forced me to rethink everything in the simplest terms possible.  This allowed me to make all kinds of break throughs.  For example up until 2012ish the models shows that matter must suck in Ether; however, I had no explanation of why or what happens to the Ether.  I was in the process of making the video explaining that missing link when it all came to me clear as day.  Then a few weeks later It was released as video #21 (emv021)  where it was logically reasoned that matter must consume ether to exist.  Matter is not a perpetual motion machine as scientists would have you believe (ironic isn't it).

Anyway, its time to stop reminiscing about the past; we have secrets to explore. 

Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/fountain-head-53165543

Tagged: