Tesla

Everything about Robert Distinti's Ethereal Mechanics, New Electromagnetism theories and Q-Vector Algebra.
Distinti

Re: Tesla

Post by Distinti » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Tibor, you are correct, there needs to be a temperature differential to measure a voltage differential if you are using all metal on metal connections. Thank you -- I had forgotten.

On the other hand, If you replace any metal-on-metal junction with a metal-electrolyte-metal junction (or other form of ionic bridge) the voltage differential can be measured without a temperature difference. -- but then this is how a battery works.

My concerns regarding your thought experiment:

In order for you to charge a conductor to a high negative voltage, you need to get charges from somewhere else.

when conductor A is charged with electrons, conductor B is discharged.
A will heat
B will cool
After a moment
A will lose heat and B will gain heat.
A will trend toward ambient which means its voltage will reduce (becomes more positive)
B will trend toward ambient which means its voltage will also reduce (becomes more negative )
If you could find (or invent) a way to commutate this, you could have a heat pump.
When operated in reverse, it would generate electricity -- but then you are back to needing a temperature gradient to drive it.

Consider:
The temperature gradient is the most rudimentary form of "magic door" (from Maxwell's demon)
The Seebeck effect (dissimilar metals) is another form of magic door, but then you have the metal-on-metal issues described above.
In a previous email, I was thinking that the shape of the conductor could offer another means to a magic door. This is based on how different conductive shapes behave at high voltage.

Conclusion
As you can tell, I'm not a fan of actively driving this. too many reasons to get into here.
If a magic door could be developed, then a passive energy source could be realized (like solar panel)

any way -- I'll leave it at that.

Regards,
RJD

Consider this instead: A conductor already has a substantial quantity of negative charges at ambient.

If you could find or invent a means to commutate the

tibor

Post by tibor » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:22 am

On the other hand, If you replace any metal-on-metal junction with a metal-electrolyte-metal junction (or other form of ionic bridge) the voltage differential can be measured without a temperature difference.
That is interesting! I'm wondering, what happens if we create eg. a gold-electrolyte-graphite sandwich? Gold and graphite will not be involved in chemical reactions with the electrolyte, but we may get a thermal junction voltage...
any way -- I'll leave it at that.
Me too, at least for now. I'm too busy with my current job and my newborn son these days... And I know someone working currently on a special diode for converting heat into electricity. Some parts of his work were published here:
If he will not succeed, then later I will come back to this puzzle.

Thanks for your thoughts!

User avatar United States of America
Menaus

Post by Menaus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:42 pm

I think we should stay on topic. That is, this thread being about Tesla, we should speak about Tesla's ideas, his life, and himself. Discussions on the Seeback effect can go to threads on the Seeback effect. :)

I'm more interested in discussing the validity of Tesla's claims, Tesla's persona and whether he was crazy or not, how well his inventions were put together, etc.

User avatar United States of America
Menaus

Post by Menaus » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:05 pm

I'd like to point that Distinti mentioned his experiments needed to be in the realms of high frequency and/or high voltage. This being the case, I'd like to remind us that Nikola Tesla began his engineering career after his invention of the induction motor with investigations almost exclusively devoted to things involving high voltage and high frequency. It is with apparatus such as that where he spoke of electrified sound waves, and I speculate that Distinti may be moving in this direction without realizing the parallelism.

Of course, it is only speculation. We haven't really seen his experiments as of yet, but I am eagerly awaiting their arrival.

User avatar Germany
SebastianG
Site Admin

Post by SebastianG » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:33 pm

@Meanaus: I also can't wait to see the new experiments. Normally an engineer try to calculate with linear systems. But if you look into it these systems are only linear at small speeds/frequency/temperatures. I you want to have a complete formulation of your problem, you have to include every dependency and their non-linearities.

Maybe Robert just wants to show the linear limits of some physical laws, by turning up the voltages to very high levels. But it's like you said, all speculation and we have to wait for the actual experiments.

Deland

Post by Deland » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:28 pm

I think tesla did leave behind his circuit diagram for harnessing the potential out of the atmosphere. Just reverse his tesla coil circuit , reciprocity, having the capacitor to the right instead of the left. should be relatively simple to construct.Instead of shooting lightnig out of the taurus the taurus should collect atmospheric charge and convert it to ac.check out the circuit design on wiki tesla coil.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic